Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nehzat Nikakhtar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nehzat Nikakhtar has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 4 of 4
There was no concern for patient privacy and confidentiality. My patient room door was left open throughout the precheck with the nurse (a nurse even brought another patient into my room to be weighed) and throughout the entire 15 minute appointment with the doctor. The secretary placed a patient on speakerphone while 6 patients were in the waiting room. We could all hear her asking about test results. The patient file room was unlocked as I found out when I accidentally opened the door because the lobby directory listed that suite number as the doctor's office. In the end, the doctor told me I needed to get an MRI to show alternate treatment for my neck pain. My orthopedic surgeon had already told me that wasn't necessary, so I asked Dr. Nikakhtar what other treatment the MRI could show was necessary. She told me mental therapy and treatment. My mother is a psychiatrist, so I found that very funny. There were other glaring issues like inability to return phone calls and schedule appointments through the rude office assistant, but that just scratches the surface.
Dr. Nikakhtar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsParamount Physicians Health Center, 16444 Paramount Blvd Ste 101, Paramount, CA
Dr. Nehzat Nikakhtar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paramount, CA.