Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Neil J Cichetti has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
first visit, i explained having pain in back and legs. he thought i was looking to get oxi from him and informed me he was NOT that kind of doctor.... stated i should ask anyone in massena of that fact. also, i have problems sleeping which he again said in a very stern manner, he is not that type of doctor. he made me feel like i was some junkie looking for medications. i was inly looking for help and some one who cared. i don't take pain medication and only wish there was something out there to help me sleep. Got no medical advice regarding either, but a nice good bye....see you in 3 months. just before leaving, he asked "so what do want from me...drugs?" I was shocked and furious. My reply was i do not take ANY controlled medications and only looking for what other treatments were out there, Again, left with a cold feeling and will not go back.. Also, it takes 5 to 7 days to get him to renew routine medications such as lipitore, BP meds, etc. Nurses never called back when i had a medical problem, such as my husband, who is also a new patient, had breathing problems ..he has COPD. No one ever calls back so I took him to walk in clinic.. do you have to be close to death to actually get a emergency office visit or do you go to a walk in every time? I called his office as i was having a reaction to medication....no one ever returned my call. 4 days later, i stopped by the office and lied i was going out of town and needed to know what to do. I called the office to have breathing medication my husband takes renewed. took over 6 days for kinneys to hear from this doctor. I called for myself, asking if i should continue takng a med he had me on for 30 days. Needed new prescriiption if he thought i should. Calls back and forth kinneys (never got it) to drs office who first said it was called in then back to kinney....endless time and calling only to finally find out he does not want me to continue with this medication and will not renew this. I had to again make that call to his office......no one had the decency to call me with an answer and this only took w eek to resolve. at lease kinneys was so patient and willing to help me. Are the nurses in this office just too busy to handle these calls or does any one really care. Are patients such as I expecting too much?
Dr. Cichetti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Neil J Cichetti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Country Adult Medicine, 38 Hospital Dr, Massena, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neil J Cichetti in this video.
Dr. Neil J Cichetti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Massena, NY.