Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neil E Doherty III
Dr. Neil E Doherty III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendora, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Doherty is affiliated with Huntington Hospital. Dr. Doherty has received 6 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Neil E Doherty III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cholesterol Management
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I have had several medical problems the last two years and seen several specialists. Not one touched me and rarely looked up from their computers. However, Dr. Doherty looked at me when speaking, sat beside me as we looked over the lab reports. He also took the time to feel my pulse and held my arm when taking my blood pressure.
Dr. Doherty is the best. We have been going to Dr. Doherty for the past ten years. He saved my life. He is a Harvard graduate and is approachable and takes time to answer any and all questions. Vivian who administers the stress test is so encouraging and cheers you on the last two minutes. She is very patient and really is available to answer all my phone calls right away. The man who does the scan is always so upbeat and positive. He makes the whole experience pleasant. I would give Dr. Doherty all five stars in everything. His staff is always polite and accommodating.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2011, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Doherty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Neil E Doherty III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCitrus Valley Cardiology Medical, 353 W Foothill Blvd, Glendora, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neil E Doherty III in this video.
Dr. Neil E Doherty III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendora, CA.