Is Dr. Neil P Dreyer the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neil P Dreyer MD
Dr. Neil P Dreyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stamford, CT, with another office in Stamford, CT. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dreyer is affiliated with Stamford Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Neil P Dreyer has 2 locations
51 Schuyler Ave Ste 1
Stamford, CT 06902
51 Schuyler Ave
Stamford, CT 06902
Book Online Now
Dr. Neil P Dreyer has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Neil P Dreyer has the following 9 expertise
- Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
Dr. Neil P Dreyer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
A superb physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neil P Dreyer - Posted on November 6th, 2018
Dr. Dreyer was my personal primary care physician for more than 30 years. The only reason that he is no longer my PCP is that I moved away from Connecticut. He is skilled, caring, and easy to talk to. Unusually, in this day of 10-minute doctor visits, Dr. Dreyer takes all the time necessary for a thorough examination, thoughtful diagnosis, and prompt treatment. He never hesitates to refer his patients to specialists, if the situation requires it. All in all, a superb physician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neil P Dreyer - Posted on January 10th, 2017
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Dreyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Neil P Dreyer Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neil P Dreyer, MD - Internal Medicine in Stamford, CT, in this video.
Dr. Neil P Dreyer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stamford, CT.