Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neil N Finer
Dr. Neil N Finer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Finer is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Neil N Finer has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. Neil N Finer has the following 15 expertise
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Persistent Fetal Circulation Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Lung Diseases
- Developmental Disorders
- Premature Infants
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Congenital Anomalies
- Hyaline Membrane Disease
Dr. Neil N Finer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Finer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Iw Killam Childrens Hospital
Dr. Neil N Finer Accepts the Following Insurance
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
More about Dr. Neil N Finer
Dr. Finer was board certified in Pediatrics in 1974. He was also board certified in Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine in 1979. Dr. Finer received his medical degree from the University of Toronto in 1968 and served his residency specializing in Pediatrics at Childrens Hospital in Boston.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Neil N Finer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Diego, CA.