Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Neil J Gilbert has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Dr. Gilbert treated my mother for dementia and epilepsy. He was very caring and professional. He was thorough and took extra time to explain her condition and treatment options. His staff was always pleasant and helpful. He always answered my calls when concerned about new behaviors. Most importantly my mother liked him and trusted him as did I. He has a passion for learning as was often citing new studies in his area of specialty. We considered ourselves most fortunate to have him treat mom.
Incredibly rude and uncaring! This man is a joke for a physician! And his staff is just as incompetent as he is! His bedside manner is horrible and he seems to make diagnosis by pulling papers from a hat rather tham using medical knowledge, testing, deduction, and least of all, intelligence. Five minutes with this man is enough to scare ANYONE away from doctors for life. He is a menace to his patients and the medical practice in general. I have NEVER had a physician ask on the SECOND visit if a charge from the first visit had been paid, especially as we had not received a bill yet. He misread radiology reports and gave the wrong diagnosis... twice!!! If you have any sort of medical issue, avoid this man at all costs!!! It may very well save your life, or the life of somone you love!
Dr. Gilbert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Neil J Gilbert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGilbert Neurological Associates Pllc, 18535 W 12 Mile Rd Ste A, Lathrup Village, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neil J Gilbert in this video.
Dr. Neil J Gilbert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lathrup Village, MI.