Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Neil K Kumar has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 43
The most caring doctor I have ever had. He listens real , tough love. Felt so comfterable with him to tell him anything about my medical. Always makes me feel like I actually am cared for in the medical field. Also the girls up front are amazing . There are a couple that always go above and betond. You know who you are :)
Dear Dr. Kumar. I just wanted to tell you that I have managed my diabetes very well since you saw me in the hospital over a year ago. I haven't taken any shots in that time and only take 2 pills a day. My Dr. is proud of me. I might have some new patients for you and they will be calling. I just wanted to thank you for taking care of me.
Long wait. Short appointment. Very little time with the doctor and even less information about my health. I like the nurse though. She's a hoot. And the girl who checks me in and out. She always remembers my name. You don't get that kind of detailed care from people anymore. I also like the other girl, but I hardly see her. Except she calls me maam and that makes me feel old!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Neil K Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeil K Kumar Md, 2410 NW Edenbower Blvd Ste 176, Roseburg, OR
Dr. Neil K Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roseburg, OR.