Dr. Neil S Lava Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Neil S Lava?

Zero response

If its not MS he's clueless

I work at Emory was went to see Dr Lava after my doctor referred me to him to rule out MS. He looked at his computer the whole time during the interview portion. He rushed through my exam so fast that I couldn't keep up with his commands then told me it was a normal exam. He said he didn't know why I was having so many issues but it wasn't MS. I started asking questions and he told me I needed to be patient! I've been suffering with symptoms for over 2 years and its affecting my daily life and job! I've tried everything and nothing is helping. My symptoms are multiplying and worsening. Clearly, if its not MS he doesn't know. He rushed too much and he doesn't have a good bedside manner. I've been a nurse for over 15 years. I'm so disappointed

I WOUD NEVER RECOMEND DR. LAVA

I DROVE FOUR HOURS TO SEE DR. LAVA & I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN A DOCTOR. HE ASKED ME ALOT OF QUESTIONS & TOLD ME I HAD MIGRANE HEADACHES. I HAVE HAD 2 MIGRANES IN MY LIFETIME & I AM 54 YRS OLD. WHEN HE GOT THROUGH ASKING MY QUESTIONS HE TOLD ME I NEEDED AN MRI & THEY WERE BOOKED SO I DROVE FOUR HOURS BACK HOME. HE WAS RUDE & ACTED LIKE I WAS CRAZY. I HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER APPT. FOR MRI SENT RESULTS TO DR. LAVA & HE GOT HIS NURSE TO CALL ME & TELL ME I HAD MIGRANES. HE MAY BE A GOOD DR FOR SOMEONE ELSE BUT HE WAS NOT FOR ME.

Awesome Nerologist

Dr. Lava is a Excellent doctor. I never have to wait and i always seem very important to him. I am not rushed and he seems to actually care.

Love Dr. Lava

Before I met Dr. Lava, three neurologists "fired" me because my trigemenal neuralgia pain was beyond what they could handle. Dr. Lava knows and understands the pharmacology of drugs and how they work together so he was able to safely get me off a cocktail of drugs that had me dizzy and seeing double and onto a drug that has worked well for me for a number of years. I have referred two other TN friends to Dr. Lava and we all think he is wonderful! He is caring and always responds when I email him through Emory's secure messaging. I wish all of my doctors were as good, kind, and skilled as Dr. Lava.

Went to see Dr. Lava for a diagnosis based on MRI done by other doctor at Emory. He never gave me a diagnosis, had me consult with one of his interns. He recommended on the phone that I see another doctor and was supposed to provide me with a referral. He never did - he blew me off entirely. It was a huge waste of time.

Thank you Dr Lava!

Dr. Lava had his intern do my evaluation. Dr. Lava came in at the end. A few weeks later I called to ask him for a recommendation based on other symptoms and he was supposed to call me back but never did. He was also snarky. Terrible experience.

He sees me for my MS

I've seen Dr. Lava at Emory a half dozen times for my MS. He diagnosed me last year in 2014. He has been helpful and understanding and his office has always been prompt to answer me on any question I have had between my normal visits.

first visit

So glad I saw Dr. Lava. He confirmed my previous physician's diagnosis & will now be my Neurologist. Was worth the 3 mo. wait to see him. So caring & now I'm on the road to great care if this first appt. is an indication. He is sending me for additional tests I have not had before the original diagnosis.

excellent doctor who really cares

such a superior doctor he really knows alot about ms.i used to have him at albany med in upstate ny.we miss him so much.i have never found another doctor like him here again.would trust him with my life .

Clearly most of you had very different experiences than mine. He treated me as being unimportant. He was truly rude. I went for a 2nd opinion but it was wasted effort. He refused to see me w/out the records and leaned heavily upon them. My entire motivation in going for the additional opinion was seeking a Dr. who was capable of objectively forming his own conclusions. Perhaps part of the issue was that my 1st neuro was an Emory grad. I will not return to him. All the credentials mean little when their is little respect given to me as the patient.