Dr. Neil Levy Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

old patient of his

This man was my doctor growing up and never once was there a problem. I always saw him every check up and he even helped when in second grade the nurse gave me problems about the ADHD medication dosage claiming I needed a higher dosage. He was fundamental in getting her fired from her position. He cares for his patients and these reviews really shocked me.

This place is ridiculous

This clinic over book patients. We have waited anywhere from 45 mins- an hr and 45 mins!! Don't except to be able to make an appointment for the same day if your child is sick and you want to be seen asap. The front desk is very unorganized. They are not warm and makes the office feel un-inviting. The nurses are average, nothing special. I haven't had any bad experiences with them. If they call another patient before you, its because the front desk again, is very unorganized. We've never been seen by Dr. Levy himself, except when my son was born at the hospital. He's usually seen by a practitioner, I believe named Howell. She's decent. He was also seen by a practitioner who's regularly at the lake worth location. I can't remember her name, but she's Indian background I believe. I didn't care for anything she said much. She's religious and jumps quickly to assumptions, which is very unprofessional. Quick tip: once you check in, ask them if you have any paper works because they will give them to you late, which will push your appointment back even further.

Awful

Worst care of my twins ever!

long waits & never see the doctor

I am very unhappy with this doctor. The wait is ususally almost an hour or more. Also, you never get to see him, just his pa or np. You have to get a different appt for well checks, medical refills, and sick visits. He makes you wait a long time to see someone, but if you are a few minutes late, you have to reschedule. If you have a well visit scheduled and are sick then you have to reschedule. Don't waste your time with them. Find a good doctor instead.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES!

First of all out of the 5 times going to this doctor for my daughter, which by the way I had appointments every time, and I would get there at least 15 minutes early, 4/5 times it took more than an hour in the waiting room alone. Do you know how hard it is to make a 6 month old stay still for over an hour??? Especially in that TINY office in hurst. 2nd of all, until I saw this page, I had NO idea whatsoever what Dr. Neil Levy looked like, because he was NEVER at the office and my daughter was NEVER seen by him! She was always seen by a Nurse Practitioner. 3rd of all on our last visit to this doctor, I showed the NP, which I did not know was an NP until after the visit when I called the office to ask questions, anyway, I showed her something on my daughters back that was concerning me, it was a dimple that was pretty deep, she looked at it, got her computer sat there for about 10 minutes, looked up at me and said your daughter has spina-bifida. She told me she would lose control of her legs and become paraplegic, lose control of her bladder, and have fluid on her brain. She did not say it was a possibility, she said SHE HAD IT! She then told me she needed to go have an MRI done before any treatment or anything further could be done. So I became pretty hysterical once I got home and googled the condition and had someone else there to take care of my daughter so she did not seem me become distraught. Anyways I took her to get an MRI the next day, explained to the anesthesiologist what was going on and what the NP had said and she looked at me like I was crazy and said she would do the MRI to relieve my mind but she was 99.9% sure my daughter did in fact NOT have the disease. After the MRI had been read the anesthesiologist told me I might look for another Doctor and go into further investigation with the whole NP situation. I immediately found a new pediatrician for my daughter and would NEVER recommend Dr. Levy to even my worst enemy. Save your time and your money and please find your child a good pediatrician.

Wouldnt go anywhere els..

I love Dr.Levy he is the best couldn't ask for better care. The staff and doctor really cares about you and your child and about doing what is best for the long haul.. There's no bandaging a situation in this office, I love it..

Six years is too long...

I've been taking my son to Dr. Levy's office for the past 6 years. The receptionist is super nice but other than that, I've had nothing but problems with this office. You can make an appointment, but you better be ready to sit for about one and a half hours before getting into a room and then another half hour til you're seen by a doctor. Then once the Doctor comes in, (which in the last 6 years, I've only seen Levy himself ONCE), she doesn't make my son feel at ease at all and I don't like that. A doctor should be funny and friendly for a child that is scared to be there in the first place and bored to tears from having to sit and wait for so long. The doctors aren't rude but they definitely aren't friendly or outgoing. I just renewed my son's insurance and decided to change doctors finally. I did a lot of research before deciding on another doctor. I'm hoping that I won't have to deal with the hassles I dealt with for so long at Levy's office. And to the nice receptionist, I will miss you the most!All in all, I think they would be able to manage their wait times better if they would stop scheduling the same time slot to 20 different people and didn't expect each child to only tie up a room for 10 minutes tops. They over schedule big time.

Will NEVER go back!

After six years of putting up with this doctor I've finally come to my senses and will never take my daughter back to him. Every time I make an appointment it is 1.5 hrs before we get to a room and then usually another 30-45 min. before we are seen. Dr. Levy speaks down to the parents and the children and belittles concerns. The nurse practitioners he employs are not much better. There is one PA at the Lake Worth office that is actually very good. I wish she would move to a different office.

Dr.Levy has no respect for his employees nor does the office manager, Dorman Hill. They talk to the employees like they dont even matter. Someone has to stop this.

Can i please rate a 1/2 star, actually a big goose egg would be better....Stay away form this place!!

Glad I switched...

My kids were patients since '06, but over the years I feel they've gotten worse. In four years I've seen Dr. Levy twice, however the nurse practitioners have been great...Except for the last one. She took no steps to make my son feel comfortable and talked to me like I was an idiot. I paid a $25 co-pay for her to tell me he was fine he just had a cold. Mind you, it took an hour on hold to get this appointment in the first place. I was so annoyed I switched doctors....yes, after four years. We went to the new doctor and found out my son had a major sinus infection, the beginning of an ear infection and early symptoms of the flu. I really wanted to love Dr. Levy's office, but I'm so glad we left. I really think they treat patients with Medicaid much better than those who don't have it.

Great Doctor, Terrible Staff

Dr. Levy actually was our first doctor for our daughter. He came to the hospital when she was born and was very personable and friendly. We continued to visit his office and saw various nurses, all of whom were very helpful and nice. The office waits didn't bother me too much. I work in the healthcare industry, so I understand waiting for the most part. I noticed the office seemed to have a very high amount of Medicaid patients, which also does not bother me, I'm no better than anyone else. When my daughter was refused a vaccination because they are reserved for Medicaid is basically what made me leave. It's very disappointing because the doctor and nurses were very nice. My wife continued to call to see if they had received the vaccination and after talking to his staff they told us to go to the health department. It wasn't until my wife went to have my daughter's vaccination card filled out that we found out that we are not one of the select few to have the opportunity to receive vaccination reserved for those who have Medicaid. To me this cries out of an incompetent staff and office manager. It's a shame that a good doctor has to be ruined by an inexperienced office manager. So if you are on Medicaid, the red carpet will be rolled out for you, if you pay for insurance like I do, find another doctor.

Dr. Neil Levy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bedford, TX.