Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nella I Shapiro MD
Dr. Shapiro serves as the Director of Breast Surgery at the Eastchester Center for Breast Care, a division of New York Cancer & Blood Specialists. She was an assistant clinical professor in the combined departments of surgery at the Jack D. Weiler Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and the associate director of surgery at the Jack D. Weiler Hospital. Dr. Shapiro is a graduate of Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She interned and did her residency at Montefiore Hospital Medical Center, where she was the first woman to complete the general surgery residency. She also introduced the technique of laparoscopic cholecystectomy at the Jack D. Weiler Hospital. She is certified by the American Board of Surgery, and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
2425 Eastchester Rd Fl 2
Bronx, NY 10469
Dr. Nella I Shapiro has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Nella I Shapiro has the following 3 expertise
- Breast Diseases
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Nella I Shapiro is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nella I Shapiro - Posted on August 3rd, 2015
Alma (a patient)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nella I Shapiro - Posted on October 3rd, 2011
Dr. Nella Shapiro is an excellent Breast Surgeon. She genuinely cares about each and everyone of her patients. Her bedside manners are remarkable. I'm very thankful that she is my breast doctor. With so many women being diagnosed with breast cancer, early detection is so important and may potentially safe your life. Please, if you have not had your mammogram or your breast exam recently, don't hesitate to make an appointment with her. I lost my youngest sister at the age of 44 to breast cancer.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nella I Shapiro - Posted on February 22nd, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nella I Shapiro - Posted on May 27th, 2010
#1 Breast Surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nella I Shapiro - Posted on November 25th, 2009
When expertise and experience counts
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
47 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1972
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Nella I Shapiro Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew York Cancer & Blood Specialists (NYCBS), 2425 Eastchester Rd Fl 2, Bronx, NY
Dr. Nella I Shapiro is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bronx, NY.