Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nellie P Grose has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nellie P Grose has the following 14 expertise
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Holistic Health
Showing 5 of 17
I have been a patient of Dr. Grose for over 5 years and would happily recommend her to anyone. In fact, after speaking so highly of her, my sister became a patient. Living out-of-town, she treks to Houston for her appointments - Dr. Grose is just that good!. She advises my sister with a telephone appointment as needed, making her very accessible. My standards are high when it comes to doctors (my father was a great Family Practice doctor and my mother was an RN)and Dr. Grose meets all of my expectations! She is a caring physician who takes time with her patients and does not rush through appointments. Also, her staff is courteous, professional and efficient.
Nellie is a wonderful doctor who is committed to understanding and treating the entire person rather than mere symptoms. I love the fact that she focusses on food and nutrition rather than on medication. I'm against acid-forming medications, and very pro-food for treating what ails. I think Dr. Grose is on board with that, and thusly practices very responsible medicine.
I had two potentially serious conditions, at different times, and when I compared Dr. Grose's diagnosis to the allopathic doctor I saw also, Dr. Grose was the one whose diagnosis was correct each time. She sees people the old-fashioned way: spending as much time as is needed for a full diagnosis, not 3 minutes or so, and explains the situation fully. You never feel like a unit on an assembly line in her office.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Grose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Saskatchewan College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Health & Healing, 230 Westcott St Ste 208, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nellie P Grose in this video.
Dr. Nellie P Grose is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.