Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nelly F Welsch has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Nelly F Welsch has the following 13 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Nelly F Welsch is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I scheduled an appt almost 4 months ago, and it's almost here-but I'm going to cancel after reading these reviews. This is exactly the type of doctor and clinic I want to avoid! I can't give a review--as someone who's been there, but wow, I'm astounded at what the other reviewers said! Appreciate the reviews of others---probably saved me a lot of trouble!
I agree completely with the other review. She writes a 30 day supply of medication with no refills and they schedule an appointment 35 days out. When the pharmacy tries to get a refill authorized, they don't respond. Then you call and they make you wait for days and put your physical and mental health in danger. The nurses are rude and act like you are troubling them when you call. I feel like this place is a danger to the mental health of the people that need it the most. I wish I could give her a 30 day supply of food. Then on day 31 when she wants more because she is hungry, I'll wait a day, then tell her on day 32 that she needs to wait 2 more days. I wonder how she would feel. This is a human being with no compassion in the wrong profession.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Welsch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Nelly F Welsch accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNortheast Psychiatric Services, 380 Copperfield Blvd NE, Concord, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nelly F Welsch in this video.
Dr. Nelly F Welsch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Concord, NC.