Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nelson Bonheim
Dr. Nelson Bonheim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenwich, CT. She has 46 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bonheim is affiliated with Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich CT and Greenwich Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nelson Bonheim has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Barrett Esophagus
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Colon Cancer
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I think Dr Bonheim is a man's dr. His bedside manner is too brash for my tastes. He knows his stuff for sure, but if you are afraid of a procedure, he is not one to assure you all be okay. He's more the "bite the bullet and suck it up" kind of guy which men probably prefer (well, maybe not Woody Allen - i.e. if you are a hypochondriac)!
Dr. Bonheim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich CT
46 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1971
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Nelson Bonheim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter Gastrointestinal Medical, 500 W Putnam Ave, Greenwich, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nelson Bonheim in this video.
Dr. Nelson Bonheim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenwich, CT.