2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Nelson A Davino?

Arrogant and doesn't listen

My twelve year old has an obvious problem, in which the doctor refused to acknowledge. Would not suggest any treatment and insist that my son is perfectly fine. He needs to learn to listen so that he can properly diagnose patients. Wasted time and money to be humiliated by his rudeness.

Excellent Service

Dr Devino has seen all 6 of my children over the last 17 years ! He has been beyond wonderful with them and his ability to detect and treat even the most difficult situations has been amazing ! He is awesome with the kids and the parents alike .

Athlete

I’m the varsity kicker for the bay city football team and I think that Dr. Davino is a tremendous doctor. I broke my leg, he did surgery, and I was walking fine in 3 weeks. He may be arrogant and some may perceive him as being rude, but he’s the best orthopedic surgeon in he business and he’s only like that because of his many years of experience and high expertise

Terrible Experience

I wish with ALL of my heart I had read these reviews before I subjected my poor 2.5 year old child to this awful man's treatment. He is the rudest provider I have ever come in contact with.

Dr Davino has no regard for children in Pain

Dr Davino is not only arrogant he had absolutely no regard for the pain my son has been in with scoliosis. He talked down to us during every visit and makes us repeat what he says!! I made the mistake of going in every 6 months for an x-ray only to see my son continue to get worse. Initial “treatment plan” kept changing in his favor forcing us into a potential surgery at this point. As a mother I do not trust this doctor I will not be going back.

Dad

Dr Davino is great. From the moment he walked into the room he addressed my daughter about her problem. As a parent you find Dr's asking us what is wrong all the time and we are not the ones in pain or have the problem. We have been to see him many time's due to different injury's my daughter has had while doing gymnastics.

HORRIBLE NASTY RUDE

The nastiest, rudest, most unprofessional Doctor I have ever met! Treated my daughter & I like dirt! I can NOT stress enough...DO NOT go to this piece of crap Doctor!

I just left Dr. Davino's office after being squeezed in by a very nice orthopedic doctor in the Med Center. I drove straight to his Katy office while my husband dealt with our insurance company to get the Med Center doctor to send in a referral for the visit. We had been told by this doctor that our daughter had a tibial tubercle avulsion fracture on her growth plate & she may need surgery. He wanted us to get a second opinion & said that Dr. Davino was a great doctor & we should take the appointment whether he accepted our insurance or not. As he walked in the door, Dr. Davino stated that she's perfectly fine, has no injury & doesn't need any treatment. He very abruptly removed my daughters splint from her leg & jammed his thumb into my daughters leg at the point of her injury & told her to get up and walk, after she began sobbing in pain. As she walked across the room with a stiff leg, he said to my daughter 'Oh, come on-you can walk. I just watched you walk into this office.' Then, he asked me how my daughter handles pain & I told him she's usually pretty tough. I almost fell out of my chair when he replied 'Well, I find that hard to believe.'. He then told me that she has Osgood-Schlatter Disease, which is also known as growing pains. He walked out to review our X rays from earlier today that my husband brought into the appointment late & walked in with a pamphlet about OS disease & excused us. My daughter is still crying at this point partly b/c she is in pain, but also because he basically walked in the door & told her she was a liar & a fake. By this time, I had told my husband what Dr. Davino said to us already. My husband asked him why the ER would have told us that her leg was fractured & this other doctor confirmed it this AM. Dr. D's response was b/c ER doctors are stupid. My husband stood up & said, well, my daughter is clearly in pain, and I'm putting her brace back on her leg & we will take her home to rest. Even if Dr. Davino is right, and my daughter has growing pains that were induced by a collision by a girl sliding into home who was twice her size, we will get a second opinion. He has absolutely no business being a doctor of any kind, much less a pediatric doctor. We went from being told our daughter may need surgery at 11:30am to being laughed at and ridiculed at 1:00pm. I will never see this doctor again and I'm ashamed of what I really think and wish upon him. What a horrible doctor with absolutely zero bedside manner. Clearly, had I had time to read any other reviews online that I've now seen, we would not have made an effort to get to this joke of a doctor. Don't waste your time or energy with this man!! I would give him zero stars if I could!!!

Very rude and uses foul language.

Club foot repair

11 years post club foot surgery my daughter has great flexibility and good range of motion. Thank you Dr. Davino

None experience doctor

My daughter allergic to Motrin. I have inform dr. Devino twice when he prescribed Aleve due to her back pain. I wish that I have search for the ingredient before have her Aleve, but because I ensure with the doctor so why to worry? She took two pill on the morning and go to school like normal day. End up her oxygen drop, her face swelling and she whezzing, so scholl have to call 911. I loose to days for nothing w/medical bill will send later home? It's just like you know that you allergic to tofu and the doctor told you to go and get soy bean. What kind of the doctor that have no idea of Motrin, Advil and Aleve are the same ingredient? Just want to share my experience for you folk out there, do research before taking any new medicine and don't trust on doctor with their board certified.

Doesn't talk the truth

Walk away from this physician!!! He misdiagnosed our son and caused major damage to his hip because he released him to full contact sports. We asked for the medical records after learning the truth and found out he was telling us our son was affected in the right leg but it was the left the entire time. Horrible experience over 2 years. This physician had our trust for 2 1/2 years and he lied to us the entire time. He never told us up front what we might be dealing with. My son is still not walking 5 years later.

Dr. Nelson A Davino is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Richmond, TX.