Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nelson M Pichardo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
I've been to this doctors office several times and every single time I have to wait at least one hour after my appointment time before I'm called back. Then, after checking vitals, your are put in a room where you wait even longer, sometimes another 30 minutes for a doctor, well not even a doctor, the NP! All this is bad enough, but what really gets me is they have me come back every 3 months, for no reason! My prior doctor had me on YEARLY checkups, but they want me 4 times a year. Why? I can only guess but the only reason I can figure is for insurance billing, to keep claims coming in. All the NP did in these 3 month checkups was read from the computer screen and ask me the same questions every time I went. And all the answers were always the same, I'm fine, why am I here again?! So I left their practice, no reason to go 4 times a year and wait hours to see someone just to ask the same old questions. Just pathetic.
yeaars ago, Dr. Pichardo did many tests in his office. Now everrthing is sent our for treament,now all test that must be carried out, such as blood tests,and urinalisys. He now has a PA, which i see more than the doctor. Rarely do I see the Doctor.
PROS: doctors take time with patients, ask a lot of questions and listen, document everything on their little notebook PC'sCONS: you will wait, and wait, and wait. You will also probably not get to see Dr Pichardo directly, but one of his assistants (a PA). Finally, and one thing that bugs me the most, they overschedule you to death. That is, I have the same blood work done twice a year, yet they require me to schedule an office visit to get the authorization paperwork to get the blood work done, then a second visit to review the results afterwards. So you end up having to make 2 co-pays a week apart every 6 months (and of course they get to charge your insurance for two office visits instead of one). My old doctor in another state, just let me come in and pickup the authorization from the secretary without requiring an office visit just to pick up paperwork, then he followed up with me after I got the results with a normal office visit. That was so much more efficient, and saved everyone (me and my insurance company) what is essentially a wasted office visit just to pick up paperwork!
Dr. Pichardo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Dr. Nelson M Pichardo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPichardo Clinic, 111 Webb Dr Ste A, Davenport, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nelson M Pichardo in this video.
Dr. Nelson M Pichardo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Davenport, FL.