Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nelson R Maldonado MD
Dr. Nelson R. Maldonado graduated from the University of California, Irvine and performed his Residency at Kaiser Permanente Foundation Hospitals in General Surgery and affiliated hospitals in Southern California. In 1992, he was recognized as a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Maldonado is a Member of the American College of Phlebology and a designated provider of the non-surgical Venefit™ Targeted Endovenous Therapy procedure, formerly known as the VNUS Closure™ procedure. He is a specialist in venous and lymphatic issues and continues to practice General and Thoracic Surgery as well. After a successful practice in Oklahoma, Dr. Maldonado and his wife relocated to Grass Valley, California in 2005. The Maldonado family enjoys Tahoe and the outdoors.
150 Catherine Ln Ste G
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Dr. Nelson R Maldonado has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Nelson R Maldonado has the following 5 expertise
- Thoracic Cancer
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Varicose Veins
- Vein Inflammation (Phlebitis)
Dr. Nelson R Maldonado is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Survived the surgery but ....
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nelson R Maldonado - Posted on September 14th, 2019
Totally incompetent doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nelson R Maldonado - Posted on May 13th, 2018
Not Very Informative on procedure
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nelson R Maldonado - Posted on February 27th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nelson R Maldonado - Posted on October 22nd, 2016
On day 1, Doctor Maldonado met with me. He drew a diagram on the exam table paper; a diagram I could understand. He described my symptomology, to a tee. He reviewed my imaging and recommended my gallbladder be removed. His staff scheduled surgery. The morning of surgery, Doc M. walked in to speak to me, By the look, in his eyes, I knew all was good. I would be okay. There is not enough time to go into detail. I extend my gratitude and admiration to Doctor Maldonado, the OR nurses, the pre and post surgical staff at SNMH Dignity Health. The main part of this name is "DIGNITY.". I was scared, but they took away my fear. God bless everyone of you!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nelson R Maldonado - Posted on March 20th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Nelson R Maldonado Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVein Specialist Center of Grass Valley, 150 Catherine Ln Ste G, Grass Valley, CA
Dr. Nelson R Maldonado is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grass Valley, CA.