Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nema I Uwaydah
Dr. Nema I Uwaydah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Uwaydah is affiliated with Methodist Hospital, CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Womans Hospital Texas. She speaks English.
Dr. Nema I Uwaydah has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 36
Dr Uwaydah didn't seem to care about me as her patient. She either didn't know enough or didn't try hard enough to help me with the issue I came in for. She spent about 4 minutes total with me after I waited over an hour past the time the appointment was scheduled. Very disorganized office/practice. I will NOT go back.
Worst experience I have ever had with a dr. I waited over 2 hours. After I practically had to go get her she comes in drinking coffee somewhat apologizing telling me why it took so long which last I checked you weren't supposed to disclose other patients information. She did not take time to even look at my chart to see the reasons I was in. She answered her cell phone as she was walking me to the front desk and I had to finally tell her I had questions about the medication she was writing me. Awful. Kind of traumatized. Did not leave with a sense of calmness and reassurance like a dr should leave you with. Left with more questions than I had going in. Healthcare system is horrible.
Dr. Uwaydah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Nema I Uwaydah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nema I Uwaydah in this video.
Dr. Nema I Uwaydah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.