Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nemesio A Almirola has the following 2 specialties
- Bariatric Medicine
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nemesio A Almirola - Posted on July 19th, 2010
Dr. Nemesio A Almirola Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Nemesio A Almirola's office for more information.
1830 NW 7th St Ste 1004 Miami, FL : (305) 858-0899
Locations & DirectionsPROFESSIONAL WEIGHT CONTROL, 1830 NW 7th St Ste 1004, Miami, FL
Dr. Nemesio A Almirola is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Miami, FL.