Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nerissa C Safie has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT seek Dr. Nerissa Safie’s assistance in any type of medical procedure. She doesn’t take the necessary time needed during her office visits and surgical procedures to be successful. And because of her rushed and distracted nature, this medical professional has changed my life forever. She performed a hysterectomy on me the morning of December 14, 2015. During this procedure she severed my left ureter and caused a thermal heat injury to my right ureter. On December 16, 2015 I had to have an invasive repair surgery to re-implant my left ureter into my bladder and a 10 inch kidney stent in place for 6 weeks. Several weeks later, my right kidney was not functioning properly and that is when we found out there was an injury to the right ureter. Specialists tried to hold the stricture open with 3 additional 10 inch kidney stents to no avail. On August 8, 2016 I had another invasive 8 hour surgery in which the stricture had to be cut out and my right ureter re-implanted into my bladder, and yet one more kidney stent, along with repositioning my anatomy. During this repair surgery, I was left with unintentional paralysis in my right leg. It is my understanding that having 2 re-implanted ureters is extremely rare. So what is the purpose of this review? To let everyone know that Dr. Safie has been named in 3 lawsuits and yes I am the 4th. After standing at my bedside and apologizing to me and telling me that what was happening to me was 100% her fault and she was very sorry and during a follow up visit to her office in January 2016 telling me she would make sure I was taken care of the rest of my life because she owed that to me, she has changed her mind and declared no responsibility for the injuries she has done to me, both physically and mentally causing additional costs to me with much more added stress then I have already been through. SHAME ON YOU DR. SAFIE for not being a faithful human being and caring for your patients. I put my trust in you.
This office appears uncaring. My daughter was a patient to be however, they never got back to her, they informed her they would have to check to see if she could be a patient, they also asked what she wanted to be seen for (DUH!). Not only was she 8 weeks pregnant, wanted to establish care with an OBGYN, but was also feeling very ill. After multiple attempts to reach this office she finally contacted her PCP, as she grew increasingly ill (doesn't mean everyone as early stages of morning sicknes). Thank goodness her PCP is amazing! They told her to get to the ER immediately as she lost five pounds in one week and could not stand on her own two feet. She was found to be dehydrated from the morning sickness... All it took was a few IV's and Zofran. Her PCP/PA, are still looking after her (she wishes they could follow & deliver) and have referred her to an OBGYN who is seeing her tomorrow. I would never ever recommend Safie or her associates.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013, 2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2011, 2015, 2013, 2010, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2008, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
- Harvard Medical School
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Nerissa C Safie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTrinity Womens Health Inc, 25485 Medical Center Dr Ste 200, Murrieta, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nerissa C Safie in this video.
Dr. Nerissa C Safie is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Murrieta, CA.