Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nestor J Truccone
Dr. Nestor J Truccone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bloomfield Hills, MI, with another office in Dearborn, MI. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Truccone is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan and Beaumont Hospital - Troy. He speaks English.
Dr. Nestor J Truccone has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Nestor J Truccone has the following 2 expertise
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Dr. Nestor J Truccone has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nestor J Truccone is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I really liked the fact that he has all of the diagnostic equipment he needs in the office itself. The assessments are done and he interprets them for you immediately -- no agonizing wait for test results. He is difficult to understand however and I am a medical transcriptionist who works for physicians with heavy accents. The only other problem is that the office never contacted my son's pediatrician to let them know in writing the diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Aside from these problems, I would recommend Dr. Truccone since at least one of the problems is easy to fix.
I had the chance to work for two weeks with this doctor. Not only do they treat employees horrible, unfairly, and nepotism which says a lot about their loyalty, but also I got to see first hand how they treat patients. He will take his time, not considerate to people's time but if he has an event like golfing he will see patients in matter of seconds. Also he himself told me always notify me if patient uses medicade because we treat them completely different which is so shady. He is not a doctor for helping children but a doctor for the paycheck. Also Lori is secretary is absolutely rude and degrading to both employees and patients. They hired me and decided to lay me off after one month leaving me and my son on a very tight budget.
Dr. Truccone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Nestor J Truccone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nestor J Truccone in this video.
Dr. Nestor J Truccone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomfield Hills, MI.