Dr. Nevan G Baldwin Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Nevan G Baldwin?

Misdiagnosis

My mother fell and had a pretty bad contusion to her forehead. When she arrived to CMC ER, they did a CT scan and then Neuorsurgery Consult. Be in Baldwin was on-call. He came in and stated she was going to be admitted because she had a rather small subdurel hematoma but it did not require surgery. He stated it would resolve on its own. She was admitted to SICU for observation. However, I am in the healthcare profession and I fortunately know his bedside manner. I felt he was not competent enough to take care of her so we requested he be removed from her case. This was a blessing in disguise. Harold Smith arrived the following Monday and explained the hematoma was actually larger than what Baldwin had stated. He stated something like this would not resolve on its own. He suggested we wait until the hematoma starts to become like a "jelly" type substance and at that time he would drill a bore hole and suction it out. Leaving it there obviously was not an option. All I can say is if it weren't for Dr Smith the outcome would of been significantly different. I am greatf Dr Smith was aggressive in my mothers treatment.

Very Very Bad office Experience.

Patient

We have been going to Dr. Baldwin for 10 months and he has yet to do anything to get my husband out of pain or fixed. He immediately referred us to pain management and that is where we have been for 10 months. Today when my husband went for his app. they gave him the results of his bone scan that was done 6 mo. ago but they never bothered to look at. I would not recommend this dr.

Patient

Dr. Baldwin so far has been exemplary in finding and discussing my DX. I am scheduled for a fusion and am very hopeful as I've been dealing with this pain for 2 years now. He is head and shoulders above Brandecker which almost had me convinced it was "all in my head"....was suggesting I see a psych.. His staff is very professional as well as compassionate, unlike the others nurse, which is the one who needs to see a psych!!!! I would recommend Dr. Baldwin to anyone with back problems!!!!

great dr. have told at least 50 people to see hime to get back worked on.

My visit!

I feel that Dr. Baldwin spent enough time with me explaining my surgery. His PA was the arrogant one! He spoke so fast and talked down to me I didn't catch his name. But Jessie his clinical nurse was very imformative and answered all my questions.

Dr. Baldwin operated on me a couple of years ago and on my husband this year. We both think he is the best in his field. He may seem a little arrogant to some but he is a neuro surgeon not a used car salesman. We highly recommend this surgeon...he did an excellent job for us.

Angel

Dr. Baldwin is a great doctor. He is very caring and knowledgable. Dr. Baldwin is a big part of why I can walk today. I would highly recommend him to anyone

Rude and Arrogant