Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Newton J Cochran has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Newton J Cochran has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Cochran appears to be kind and well-intentioned. But his office is cramped and disorganized. Wait times can exceed two hours. He is also slow to respond to patient or family requests for advice or assistance with acute or long-term health planning, and often doesn't respond at all even to repeated and urgent requests. My experience over the years was increasingly frustrating and disappointing, and I finally switched to another PCP.
The office is run by a Secretary, Nursing Assistant and Nurse Practioner. It appears that locals from the neighborhood use the office for issues that require frequent simple testing. (These test are done by an outside lab.) There is no nice way to say this but the overall office is confused and congested. Often test results are not present to client, sometimes they are lost or forgotten. The doctor doesn't appear to have any back up any truly qualified medical backup and could use some.
Dr. Cochran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- New York Medical College
Caritas Carney Hospital
Dr. Newton J Cochran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsCochran Newton J, 7 Elm Ave, Quincy, MA
Dr. Newton J Cochran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Quincy, MA.