Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Newton P Muthunayagam has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Newton P Muthunayagam has the following 13 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 30
This doctor performed a colonoscopy on me and claimed that he had to abort because I was not cleaned even though I followed his instructions to the t. Since then he had refused to call me or his nurse call me to explain in detail the results and who pays for the second one. I have called over ten times leaving numerous messages for his nurse Kelly and not even one return call. It seems this doctor is out for the money not care of the patient
After the results of my colonoscopy were negative he offered no explanation for the episodes of severe pain, vomiting and diarrhea I had been having. One of which was just days before my follow up appointment. asked him about it twice and he did not suggest any tests or further action. I asked him to put in writing the medication instructions (I live in a skilled nursing facility and they must have instructions in writing) and he took the paper, but did not write the complete instructions,causing me to miss a full day of my medication. I brought test results from my facility and he did not even look at them.
My first experience with him was not a good one. He walked in the room, told me what procedure I needed and walked out without giving me time to ask questions. I figured he was the expert so I followed through. The procedure did reveal some problems which explained the horrible pain I was in. I was in so much pain, I could hardly function. I'm not one to ask for anything for pain, but I did this time. I was told by his secretary, Nancy, that he does NOT prescribe pain medicine. I was horrified that I would have to suffer even longer. It takes WEEKS to schedule procedures so I was in pain for WEEKS! I have never had a Dr. with less empathy than Dr. Newton. I'm sure if it was his wife/ GF/ sister/ mother in that kind of pain, he would have stepped in to help. After a procedure, the medical staff showed me what he wrote for a diagnosis but he told me something quite different. I was totally confused and worried about how the pain would be relieved and my condition fixed. I would not have gone back to him but unfortunately, he is the only Dr. that I'm aware of that performs certain procedures. I do not plan to see him again unless my life depends on it. I plan to do some research to find a Dr. with some empathy and someone who genuinely cares about their patients; not a dr who is only concerned about the money.
Texas Tech University Health Science Center (Amarillo Tx)
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWestside Gastroenterology, 7255 Old Oak Blvd Ste C412, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Newton P Muthunayagam in this video.
Dr. Newton P Muthunayagam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.