Dr. Neysa Whiteman Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Neysa Whiteman?

pushy with trying to get info

Posted on June 13th, 2013

I had an initial GYN visit with a history rundown that included a family history of colon cancer, so I took a very expensive gene test that my insuance paid little of . I appreciated the thoroughness. She requested that I contact my brother who had colon cancer surgery at 59 , now cured ,and has a colonoscopy every 3 years. She wanted to know if he had the gene test and he said no. He is a chair at one of the top hospitals in the US [and the world ]which is number 1 for most specialities including oncology. Next visit she said she wanted me to call him and ask him to take the test because it was integral to our family. I am a younger sister, and not in the medical field. I did not want to do this. She also said to call HIS oncologist and I said no and she said SHE wanted to call the onclogist, with my permission, I presume? Infelt really pushed and trated aggrisively . Secondly I am overweight and felt a lot of pressure. from her about my weight. I have yet to meet a fat person who doesn't know it, hasn't tried to lose weight, and does'nt feel crummy and frustrated by this at middle age. Consequently I see this Dr. for GYN not colon cancer or weight issues, these are side issues, not primary focus. I also have had my children and have had a complete hysterectomy except cirvex. I can get bianual pap and hormone replacement from my GP. Great if you need an intense thorough GYN exam and are not overweight. I even told her of my child's foot surgery and she warned of my daughter gaining weight.

Great Experience!

Posted on May 1st, 2013

I am very happy I found Dr. Whiteman. She took a lot of time with me, beginning with getting familiar with my history in her office, not the exam room. She had great suggestions for preventative care and testing outside of a well woman's exam. She seems to genuinely care and want to help however she can. I felt very comfortable talking to her and the actual exam was thorough, but quick. I really like Dr. Whiteman as a doctor and a person. She's quite a find!

Not good with people.

Posted on March 1st, 2013

Well I just got engaged and decided to get on the pill and have my annual exam. I read all the reviews and thought this was the doctor for me! Until I met her. It was my first meeting with her when I first had to wait 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment just to see the nurse! Then another 10 mins to see the doctor. Ridiculous. Then after she introduced herself to me, she decided to tell me I was overweight and needed to lose 20 pounds. Not sure why she felt the need to say that in our first meeting. Then she continued with telling me I was pale and "clearly didn't get sun" so I needed to take vitamin D pills. Umm thank you? Then I told her that I get queasy with shots and stuff like that and I instantly ticked her off. From that point on she treated me so diarespectfully (as if she was respectful to begin with!) and talked down to me. It was honestly one of the worst experiences in my life! I will NEVER recommend her to anyone. Awful experience. The only good thing I can say is she was fast and efficient during the exam. Other than that it was terrible.

Posted on March 19th, 2010

Dr Whiteman was okay, not my favorite. Bedside manner I found to be a little on the rough side. Didn't find her to be gentle on my exam and strange wrap she puts around you sitting up for the breast exam. I didn't feel it was very thorough. The office staff is spectacular but the Dr. herself just okay. I'll probably be looking for a different GYN for next year.

Posted on December 7th, 2009

Dr. Whiteman is smart, caring and thorough.

Posted on April 29th, 2015