Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ngai X Nguyen
Dr. Ngai X Nguyen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Jose, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Nguyen is affiliated with St Louise Regional Hospital, El Camino Hospital and Regional Medical Center-San Jose. He speaks English.
Dr. Ngai X Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I took my mother here she have been waiting for 3 hrs and at 5:00pm the rude receptionist would not say anthing untill I contact the exchange service she say the DR. Ngai Nguyen already left. My mother have been wait in the lobby for 3 dam hrs for nothing and the receptionist did not even reschule her appt. wast of time!
Dr. Ngai Nguyen is a leader in his field ofcardiology. Probably one of the best in thenation for his talent and expertise. Hisoffice has gotten somewhat better, but formany years has been extremely lacking intimeliness, waiting up to 4 hours (yes),more than 3 or 4 times to see the doctor. Office staff communication with his patients on appointments, communicationswith the hospitals on Dr. Nguyen's surgery's and procedures lacks. Once you get the doctor, though, you get the real deal in a real surgeon and a focused physician. The office has improved some lately and hopefully it continues...
Do not go to this doctor! Him and his staff are unprofessional and rude. The wait time is over 3 hours. My grandma has been going to him for a while and every time she goes she has to wait at least 2.5 hours. He has left her waiting in the examining room for over 45 minutes several times. I tried to explain this to him and his staff and they were rude and unprofessional about it. The receptionists is snobby and didn't want to make an appointment for my grandma because of my complaint. They do not run a professional business. We are finding another cardiologist.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Saigon
Graduated in 1974
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Ngai X Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSan Jose Heart Institute, 696 E Santa Clara St Ste 108, San Jose, CA
Dr. Ngai X Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.