Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nghia Phan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nghia Phan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Phan is an awful doctor. My family has been going to him for over 10 years and I have so many reasons to dislike his practice. He never tells you what is wrong with you. All he does is list medications for you to buy, most of which you don't really need. He refused to give me three gardasil vaccine when I was 16 because "it wasn't appropriate for a girl my age." He also gets way too personal about your relationship status. I get creeped out any time he has to touch me to take my blood pressure. Now that I'm over 18 and have separate health insurance I'll be searching for a new physician.
Dr. Phan and his wife have the number of years as a family physician, however there lacking patient care qualities. Everytime i go for a check up, i always get the impression that they just want me to pay for my copay and they bill my insurance. I never receive professional guidance regarding my symptoms/diagnosis. To top it off, they would ask you to contact a specialists to obtain their physician # so that he can write a referral. I thiught this was his wife's responsibility. Lastly, i echo the first reviewers comments that they have an attitude problem. Will be changing doctor shortly.
This doctor and his wife has an attitude problem. When patient asks a question, the answer is usually quick just to be done with and not in detail so you can understand. For example, if my blood profile is Vitamin D deficient then explain why it is and what should be done to correct the situation. Instead, he just said "you need to take vitamin D supplement" and sent me out the door. I waited 1-hour for this appointment and he was done with me in 5 minutes. Meanwhile, if it was a really good looking female patient then he would take longer to see her. What a pervert.
Dr. Phan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia
Mercy Suburban Hospital
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Mercy Philadelphia Hospital
41 Years Experience
Faculty Mixte De Med Et De Pharm Univ De Saigon
Graduated in 1972
Mercy Catholic Medical Center
Dr. Nghia Phan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNghia T Phan MD, 1534 S 5th St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Nghia Phan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.