Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ngo C Phan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
After 30 years with the same doctor, it cam time to change. Dr. Phan came highly recommended. I set an appointment and was give a 9am Monday morning appointment. Staff friendly on the phone. I arrive and am told "Oh, the Doctor doesn't come in until 10:00 on Mondays." I ask why I was scheduled for 9 when the doctor doesn't come in until 10, I was told someone made a mistake. Could I come back at 10? Well, since I had to take the day off work anyway, I rearranged something and came back at 10. Dr. and nurse were pleasant. Dr. order some blood work. I ask for a referral to a dermatologist for a recurring problem. He'll get me the referral. In the mean time, get the blood work done. I get the bloodworm done 3 days later. 2 weeks after that I get a call from the office. "The Doctor needs to see you about your results. Can you come in next Friday at 4:00pm?" I agree. On the Thursday night before my Friday appointment (again, I've schedule to take Friday off of work), I get a call..."Why did you set your appointment on Friday at 4:00?" Well, I explain, I didn't. Your male co-worker gave me that appointment...I didn't ask for that time. "Well, the Doctor isn't in of Fridays." "Well, then why would he have scheduled me for then?" "Well, it is a mistake." I explain I had taken the day off, but since the Doctor isn't in on Fridays, can we reschedule for a day he is in? I am asked to hold. An unidentified woman comes on the phone and says she will go over the blood work with me...there is no need to come in (they were the ones who told me I needed to come in). She explains and says she will call in some meds the doctor wants me to take regarding cholesterol. "Now, in 2 and 1/2 months, make an appointment to see Doctor as he'll want to follow up." I ask about the referral to a dermatologist. "Oh, you'll have to discuss that when you see the doctor." So, about 3 weeks ago, I make my follow-up appointment for today and am given 10am. I am told to arrive at 9:45. I arrive at 9:45. I am the 1st to arrive and sign in. No one asks for my insurance or co-pay. Meanwhile, 8 other people come in and sign in after me. By 10:30 -- when they finally ask for my co-pay -- all 8 of the people who came in after me have been taken into the exam rooms. Some have left and there are two new arrivals. Each time he took someone to the back, the male nurse indicates only a few more minutes. At 10:45, I tell them I am leaving and explain this is the third time something like this has happened. Horrid, horrid experience 3 times in a row.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1996
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Ngo C Phan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNgo Chanh Phan Md, 330 S Garfield Ave Ste 268, Alhambra, CA
Dr. Ngo C Phan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alhambra, CA.