Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ngoc-Ha T Nguyen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I have been visiting Dr. Nguyen for about five years. Dr. Nguyen Ngoc-Ha has good memories with the phone numbers for other doctors that she wants to give a referral. She always busy and always rush and rush. I noticed that she spent difference amount of time with difference patient. She should spend more time with every patient who comes to see her. All patient should be treated fairly. Some of her staff are not polite. She should know what is happening at the front. Her staff should set up a system to remind patients for their appointment, if she does not have enough staff to call patient for a reminder. One time, when I got reaction to the medicine that she gave me, I went back to meet her and she told me that's is the medicine that I should take. Nothing she can do. It's just my body. She did not give me any other medicine to substitute that medicine.
This is my 4th or 5th time visiting Dr. Nguyen and I am definitely changing my PCP. I visited her with my family member and she has no respect and I feel WORSE after visiting her because of her bad bedside manner. Basically she tells me I should visit her only when I'm really sick (not when I suspect some infection which could go bad if I leave it untreated). Also, she doesn't even sit down with me and was ready to leave after talking to me for a couple of minutes. I waited for 1 hr or so and I couldn't wait any longer so I had to ask receptionists several times just to see her.. I felt like crying because she thinks I'm a worrywart and crybaby who visits her for nothing. I had an acute appendicitis when I was young and I could have died if it wasn't diagnosed within a few hours so I know the timely check up when I'm symptomatic is really crucial. She also made fun of the food I eat (my culture basically) and I was pretty offended. All American doctors should be culturally competent when they treat patients and be sensitive about any cultural comments they're making as they talk to their patients. I thought the staff members were courteous and professional enough though.. but overall, it wasn't worth my time. If you're not very sick and you're visiting her for annual exams / mild-medium symptoms with pain level 3-5 out of 10, you will not like her for sure.
I've been seeing this doctor over the years, mostly because it's hard to find another doctor in the area that is convenient for me. She hardly spends time with me, I cannot ask any follow-up questions, even when she needs to see me for an emergency, it's not possible to see or even speak to her on the phone within a few days (and yet she is my family doctor). I think her ethical standards and attitude towards her patients can be significantly improved.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Ngoc-Ha T Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNgoc Ha Thi Nguyen Md, 7202 Poplar St Ste C, Annandale, VA
Dr. Ngoc-Ha T Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annandale, VA.