Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nibu Mathew has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
i can not praise the front office staff enough. i was told up front every time something was going to be done of the cost. i was told if something would be covered by my insurance and if not why. not many places care enough to take the time to do this. sue even took the time to explain to me the differences between the insurances out there, and jo was all smiles at the window. definitely plan on telling all my friends about this great office.
At my last visit, as if I wasn't sick enough, I also had to deal with Dr. Mathew's office staff. I had to pay out of pocket for my visit because they said I had a primary and secondary insurance, when in reality I have a Hospital indemnity plan and then a different medical insurance. Needless to say, Sue, did not want to hear about the difference between the two policies. To add injury to insult, they then told me I would have to call my insurance to get it straightened out which I did on the spot, and they told the insurance they were wrong and did it the way they wanted to. I'm not sure why they kept insisting that I call insurance if they were going to just do what they wanted to anyway. The only thing that got accomplished was a big out of pocket cost for me when I have always had medical insurance. Good luck to Dr. Mathew in keeping patients if this is what they can expect from his office staff.
18 Years Experience
Kottayam Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Louisiana State University
Dr. Nibu Mathew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNibu Mathew Md, 400 Medic Ln Ste A, Alvin, TX
Dr. Nibu Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alvin, TX.