Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos
Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with another office in Decatur, TN. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Xenopoulos is affiliated with Kings Daughters Medical Center. Dr. Xenopoulos has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 11
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Xenopoulos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki
Graduated in 1985
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nicholas P Xenopoulos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.