Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicholas Albicocco
Dr. Nicholas Albicocco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mine Hill, NJ. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Albicocco is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Saint Clares Health System Denville and St Clares Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas Albicocco has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nicholas Albicocco has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Nicholas Albicocco has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I have many health issues and I have plenty of doctors but Dr. Albicocco by far has been my favorite doctor. He's kind, understanding, caring and has a sense of humor. He makes you feel comfortable and calm. He's the best. There is no doctor I trust more than him.
Dr. Albicocco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Clares Health System Denville
St Clares Hospital
Saint Clare's Hospital - Boonton Township
Saint Clare`s Healthsystem
St. Clare's Hospital-Dover Div.
34 Years Experience
University of Louisville
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Nicholas Albicocco accepts the following insurance providers.
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsNicholas S Albicocco MD, 195 US Highway 46, Mine Hill, NJ
Dr. Nicholas Albicocco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mine Hill, NJ.