Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Nicholas L Alexander
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mahwah, NJ. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Valley Hospital. Dr. Alexander has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 34
I was referred by my primary care physician for ankle/shin issues and getting an appt. was quick so I went.I showed up on time and waited with a number of other patients for a good 25 minutes before an assistant took me to a room., After a few questions, she declared that we would take x-rays and another test. I said, "whoa, i haven't even talked to the doctor yet!" Her response was, "We have to take xrays first so the doctor can diagnose. I was feeling very much as if they just wanted to run up charges for tests, but i wanted to solve my issue so i reluctantly agreed. Dr. Alexander may be a capable physician, but it would be hard to tell after waiting another 30 minutes before finally seeing the doctor....for all of 5 minutes. The review of my case and prescription for physical therapy happened so quickly, i wanted to check to see if my wallet was still in my pocket as he left the room.
I went to this doctor because several of my neighbors recommended him. Dr. Alexander had given me an incorrect diagnosis which has caused me several years of unnecessary pain and discomfort. Also his staff nurse is rude and unprofessional, overall my experience with this doctor and his office was a nightmare. I would recommend to any patient who who sees this doctor, is to ask him for a referral to another doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1988
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMAHWAH VALLEY ORTHOPEDIC ASSOCIATES, 400 Franklin Tpke Ste 100, Mahwah, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas L Alexander, MD - Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery in Mahwah, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Nicholas L Alexander is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Mahwah, NJ.