Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicholas D Caccavo has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
Showing 5 of 7
I have waited several hours to see this Doctor and once your in there you have to wait another 1/2 hour at least before he comes in to see you. It is torure. His assistant wife is a menace to his profession. She comes in to take your blood pressure . I have never had a black and blue arm after having my blood pressure taken before. I have one every time she takes it. She writes the precriptions and quite often has made mistakes. I have had to ask for blood work to be done after I have come in with a complaint. Because it is not given automatically. Too much neglect. I am actually taking care of myself. The last straw was when on my last visit after going to this Doctor for about six years, he was shocked to find out I had Cancer several years ago. That did it for me between him and his wife, I felt nobody was really taking care of me. You are just a number to them. It's not coming from the heart, it is coming from their pocket.
Be prepared to wait forever. The shortest I've ever waited to see Dr. Caccavo was 1 hour past my appointment time. I've been in before where it took over three hours past my appointment time. On several occasions I've needed his office to fax material to different offices and they continually would lose the paperwork or claim they never saw it after I called to confirm they received it.
45 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna
Graduated in 1973
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Nicholas D Caccavo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas D Caccavo in this video.
Dr. Nicholas D Caccavo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.