Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicholas Formica
Dr. Nicholas Formica, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bristol, CT. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Formica is affiliated with The Hospital of Central Connecticut - New Britain Campus, Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, New Britain CT and The Hospital Of Central Connecticut. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas Formica has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I am in a wheelchair because of a car accident, I needed a doctor to treat bursitis. I wish I read these reviews sooner as I never would have gone to him. I cannot believe that after treating me he yelled at me for being overweight then abruptly walked out of the room, never came back leaving me in my wheelchair with no assistance. It was very painful for me to struggle to get to the closed door to get help as I am unable to push the wheels due to my injuries. What kind of doctor does this?
Similar experience as the other two reviews, I do not feel like i was listened do, and when I did say something specific, I was told "that doesnt make sense" Well, if it make sense or not to him is not relevant to me. i need to understand what is wrong! Very rushed, always complaining about what has to be done next. I am looking for a new Doctor.
Staff was nice. Dr seemed distracted, rude. Ask you questions, then argue with your answers or not even listen to them. Would jump around, rushed, reask questions and repeat your answers incorrectly. Seems as if he has short term memory loss or dimentia. (Not kidding) terrible bedside manners. Quick to tell you what is wrong with you without even getting all the facts, evaluating. Slaps you on medications and when you ask about them he doesn't really answer your questions. Left there feeling very frustrated, angry, and upset. Stay clear of him if you want any help. McDonald's has much better service on its worst day. Biggest concern was not listening.
He is very quick with getting patients in and out. Has no bedside manner and won't let you get a chance to tell what's wrong. Doesn't like taking information from his patients. Also very neurotic and has a tendency to go off on you for no reason even if you are correct and he is not. Will never admit that he made a mistake buy would rather discharge you instead so he can save face. In my opinion he is in it for the money and not for the sick and suffering. Please help yourself and stay away if you care about your own health because he won't.
Dr. Formica is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Hospital of Central Connecticut - New Britain Campus
Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, New Britain CT
The Hospital Of Central Connecticut
Hospital of Central Connecticut at Bradley Mem Hospital
Bristol Hospital, Inc., Bristol CT
Bradley Memorial Hospital & Health Center
31 Years Experience
Universidad Del Noreste
Graduated in 1982
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Nicholas Formica accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHartford HealthCare Medical Group, 22 Pine St, Bristol, CT
Dr. Nicholas Formica is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bristol, CT.