Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicholas R Halper has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
My husband was having very high blood pressure so we decided to go see his PCP Nicholas Halper. My husband wanted me to come inside the room with him b/c he was in no condition to even speak for himself. Nicholas Halper stopped me from going inside and when my husband ojected to that. He SHOWED US THE DOORR!!!...keep in mind I'm 7 months pregnant....as a result of this mistreatment we had to go to the ER and my husband was admitted for a few days b/c of very high BP ,chest pains , and abnornal EKG....I PERSONALLY think this Dr. has something against MINORITY people.... what we experienced in his office was discrimation and very unprofessional behavior....STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Halper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 1974
South Nassau Communities Hospital
Dr. Nicholas R Halper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHalper Family Medicine, 55 Maple Ave, Rockville Centre, NY
Dr. Nicholas R Halper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville Centre, NY.