Dr. Nicholas Handanos Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Handanos?

Had to give one star it wouldn't let me go any farther

Posted on May 10th, 2017

My husband suffered a stroke at the hands of this Dr. who obviously can not read lab results. My husband saw this Dr. for 10 plus years with lipid panel off the charts never one mention of it never any preventative care no medication to control his cholesterol and had a 90% blockage in his carotid artery which required surgery at 48 years old. when he called the office the morning he though he was having stroke INSTEAD OF BEING TOLD TO GO TO THE ER THEY TOLD HIM TO COME TO THE OFFICE AT 11AM TO BE SEEN. WHEN HE GOT TO THAT OFFICE, I WAS NOT PRESENT HIS FACE WAS DROOPED THEY SAID HE IS RUNNING 45 MINUTES LATE LETS COLLECT YOUR CO-PAY. SPEECH SLURRED. CAN YOU IMAGINE? He was taken to Maine medical center where they could not believe based on the last 10 years of labs he was on no medications, what does that say? Yes we are filing a lawsuit, if for nothing else to WARN PEOPLE that he should not be practicing medicine........Stay away from Biddeford Internal Medicine. They don't care about you and your health they care about the almighty dollar......I wonder how he sleeps at night knowing his patient could have died at 48 years old due to his inability to provide preventable medicine

Posted on July 22nd, 2015

Always professional

Worst network of Drs ever.

Posted on March 11th, 2015

Prime Care has got to be the worst network of providers in Maine. Not only has my PCP been late for every one of my appointments other specialists have been too. When I ask the staff why it is taking so long to be seen I get excuses like "we tend to get backed up in the afternoons so maybe next time try making an earlier appointment" They know its a problem yet they still go one packing in as many patients as possible to make the extra dollar. I make an appointment for a reason, because I am free at that time! I make afternoon appointments because I work early mornings and don't think I should have to take time off of work to see my doctor. I also am not a fan of my appointments being cut short and things and procedures not being done and having to come back for another office visit. They also do not know how to code right for insurance so every time I have been there it has been a battle to get things coded right so my insurance pays for the visit. I will NEVER go to these doctors again!

Incorrect diagnosis

Posted on September 30th, 2012

Went in for back trouble, I suggested an MRI or some other testing, he declined and stated he felt the issue was muscular. After two other visits to see him where the pain was getting worse and still no further testing was done. A week later I had to call 911 and was brought to the hospital where an MRI was done and 3 herniated disks (1 severe that required imediate surgery)was discovered. I would not suggest to anyone to see this doctor.

Posted on October 6th, 2017