More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicholas M Jones
Dr. Nicholas M Jones, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Smithtown, NY, with another office in Melville, NY. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and OMM. Dr. Jones is affiliated with St John's Episcopal Hospital-South Shore. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas M Jones has 2 locations
285 E Main St Ste LL5
Smithtown, NY 11787
Book Online Now
Dr. Nicholas M Jones has the following 3 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.<br>These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.<br>These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and OMM
Dr. Nicholas M Jones is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Jones is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
New York University
Dr. Nicholas M Jones Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Nicholas M Jones's office for more information.
285 E Main St Ste LL5 Smithtown, NY : (631) 366-4350
105 Maxess Rd Ste 131S Melville, NY : (516) 359-8746
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nicholas M Jones is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.