Get the facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done and doctors who perform the procedure.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nicholas A La Gamma has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Nicholas A La Gamma has the following 29 expertise
- Rectal Fistula
- Intestinal Polyposis
- Intestinal Diseases
- Rectal Diseases
- Colonic Polyps
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Crohn's Disease
- Anal Gland Cancer
- Anal Itching (Pruritus Ani)
- Rectal Prolapse
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Intestinal Cancer
- Colonic Diverticulitis
- Rectal Cancer
- Intestinal Polyps
- Ischemic Colitis
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Fecal Incontinence
- Colon Diverticulum
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Colon Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Dr. Nicholas A La Gamma is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
I love Dr. La Gamma. I have been through so much and seen so many different doctors. When I first met him he was so kind. He was patient and listened to all my concerns and answered all of my questions. He even helped me coordinate all of my appointments with my other doctors so everyone was on the same page.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
11 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2007
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Nicholas A La Gamma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD