Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicholas M Leonard has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Nicholas M Leonard has the following 3 expertise
Showing 5 of 13
This was my first visit to Dr. Leonard at Urgent Care.. I found him to be compassionate and knew just what tests to order to accurately diagnose my condition. He prescribed medication for me that he recommended that I take right away and within a few hours was feeling better. I wish he had a practice within Family or Internal Medicine at Kauai Medical Clinic, I would choose him as my PCP in a heartbeat! Highly recommend.
Dr. Leonard was fantastic. Getting in to see him was well worth the wait. I was a walk-in and it was my first time at Kauai Urgent Care in Lihue next to Costco. I live on the North Shore of the island and I woke up one morning with a strange rash. I'm in the ocean a lot and I hike quite a bit. So I got a little concerned. Dr. Leonard's waiting room was busy, but they got me in very quickly considering how many people were waiting to see him. The front office staff was great and very welcoming. The nurse who did my work-up before I saw the Doctor was very thorough and compassionate. Just a great experience. The Doctor spent a lot of time with me and I didn't feel rushed. Dr. diagnosed the problem I was having immediately. He gave me two prescriptions that his office called in to the nearest pharmacy for me and my medicine was waiting for me by the time I got there. I was feeling better by the next day. Thank you Dr. Leonard! It so nice to know that a Doctor like you is on the island :)
Dr. Leonard took the time to view my past medical history and made connections/observations that past doctors did not. Without going into too much detail, I have to say if not for him I honestly think I could have died. Mind you he is not my regular physician but an urgent care doctoring was lucky enough to see.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Nicholas M Leonard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas M Leonard in this video.
Dr. Nicholas M Leonard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lihue, HI.