Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicholas J Petrelli has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Breast Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Second Primary Neoplasms
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Clinical Research
- Rectal Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli, APC)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Intestinal Polyps
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
45 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Harkness Comm Hospital Med
Dr. Nicholas J Petrelli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNicholas James Petrelli Md, 4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste 1213, Newark, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas J Petrelli in this video.
Dr. Nicholas J Petrelli is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Newark, DE.