Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicholas J Robert
Dr. Nicholas J Robert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology, Medical Oncology, Anatomic Pathology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Robert is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital, Inova Loudoun Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas J Robert has the following 5 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Lung Cancer
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin Disease
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Abdominal Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Robert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Graduated in 1974
Royal Victoria Hospital
Dr. Nicholas J Robert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Cancer Specialists, P.C., 8503 Arlington Blvd Ste 400, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas J Robert in this video.
Dr. Nicholas J Robert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.