Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicholas A Romas has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Nicholas A Romas has the following 13 expertise
- Kidney Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Nicholas A Romas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nicholas A Romas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
No idea about the quality of the doctor. I assume he is good. But his receptionist is RUDE. They screwed up the MRI appointment, ordering the wrong one, and were totally unapologetic. Then when we tried to find out when we would find out the results-- if my father had CANCER or not-- the receptionist was rude, interrupting and being incredibly unhelpful and snotty. We were told the doctor was not in the office all Friday and I asked if there was a way that my father could be called so he did not have to sweat out the whole weekend. I could not get a straight answer. But above all I could not believe the absolute insensitivity dealing with an old man who might learn he will die horribly and his daughter who loves him. It is too often the case that in the medical world-- from the doctors to the secretaries-- are cold and rude and insensitive. Kindness costs nothing. ANd while it all may be routine to them, it's life and death for each of their patients. It should be their JOB-- the well-paid job they are lucky enough to have-- to be polite and considerate. I hope every person who treats a patient in an unfeeling manner is treated the same way when their parents are old and ill, or when they themselves are old and ill.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
56 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1962
Dr. Nicholas A Romas accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas A Romas in this video.
Dr. Nicholas A Romas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.