Dr. Nicholas Scarpa Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Scarpa?

Posted on February 9th, 2016

Due to the fact that people rate his nurses badly, I will not refer my father. He is elderly and does not need to be upset by nurses. This is a very important factor in finding a good doctor, that his staff is professional, kind and understanding. Thank you to all who posted about his staff.

Nasty secretary called Melissa

Posted on December 8th, 2015

There's a girl call Melissa who's very rude and nasty and doesn't know how to speak with patients and deny services to his patients without the doc even knowing

Worse Nurses ever

Posted on December 8th, 2015

Hello! Dr Scarpa is amazing! Have no complains of him, has helped my mom throughout the years with her illness, the nurses that work with him however are extremely rude and incompetent! They treat the patient like they are worthless. My mom went in without an appointment because she was really sick and the front girl started yelling at her because she didn't call ahead. Excuse me, if she is sick it is an emergency, why should she need to call ahead!!! RIDICULOUS!!!

Posted on March 21st, 2012

He is the most kind doctor and well-experienced person I have known. He is a awesome doctor over-all. Won't switch him for the world..:)

Posted on May 8th, 2010

I was recommended to Dr. Scarpa from my pcp, who I like and trust. It took 5 weeks to get an initial appointment, which was frustrating, though I got the follow-up in 3 days. Unfortunately, Dr. Scarpa saw me initially for about 15 minutes, did a physical exam and ordered about a hundred tests because he didn't know what was wrong with me. We followed up in two weeks, at which point he read my results, and because my results did not indicate a definite immune process, said "My job here is done," and, to fix the joint pain I had been having (among a few other symptoms that had severely affected my life for close to a year), he recommended that I drop a drug I was taking, even though he refused to follow me as a patient until and unless my bloodwork indicated that I had a positive immune process. So I was left to stop taking such and such drug and had no idea what do to next. I have continued having pain et al. but am now seeing another doctor. Though he sat down with me at the follow up and we discussed options, Scarpa's only other suggestion for my pain was that it might be "psychosomatic" -- in my head essentially. I finally have a diagnosis that proves it was not in my head and would not recommend this doctor to anyone despite the good reviews I heard going in.

Posted on June 5th, 2009

He is an excellent doctor. His bedside manner makes you feel extremely comfortable like he is not only your doctor but also a friend. He was the only doctor, after numerous doctors that got my arthritis into remission because he was never happy to just be close. He kept pushing for better.

Posted on October 20th, 2017