Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicholas Sotereanos
Dr. Nicholas Sotereanos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with other offices in Gibsonia, PA and Cranberry Township, PA (and 10 other locations). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Sotereanos is affiliated with Allegheny General Hospital, Alle-Kiski Medical Center and UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas Sotereanos has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Went to the Doctor for second opinion found him to be VERY unreliable and arrogant. I will never go back.
I feel that as a patient, my time is valuable. A "fellow" first came in and said my films looked fine; when Dr. S came in, he indicated bone spurs had formed around my joint replacement. Then he left to take a phone call. He came back in, started to explain why he would not perform arthroscopy; then left to take another phone call. My total wait time, which was close to 2 HOURS, left me irritated....but to have the doctor repeatedly leave my appointment time to take phone calls was absolutely unacceptable. There are no emergencies on appointment days. My original surgeon from the group had left for another state; otherwise, I would never have gone back there. What a disappointment. If I don't matter in the exam room, I can imagine how important I would be on the table. Never again.
Dr. Sotereanos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Allegheny General Hospital
Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Sewickley Valley Hospital
Saint Clair Memorial Hospital
Ohio Valley General Hospital
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Allegheny General Hospital-Suburban Campus
St. Clair Hospital
27 Years Experience
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Nicholas Sotereanos accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas Sotereanos in this video.
Dr. Nicholas Sotereanos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.