Dr. Nicholas Spirtos Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Nicholas Spirtos?

Posted on April 14th, 2016

Very smart Dr. Had been to many who attempted to help me for years. In three months I was able to become pregnant with Dr Spirtos. He figured out the problem immediately and my husband and I now have a beautiful family.

Posted on August 27th, 2015

Ruff bedside manner. Just go with it. Loved him. The BEST.

FEEL THE NEED TO RESPOND.....and GLAD I DID

Posted on August 13th, 2015

As a former patient of Dr. Spirtos' and a nurse I feel the need to respond to the negative review of him and his office. I get that everyone doesn't get pregnant and that is heart breaking but I don't get the negativity to the office. First of all the "metal rods" are called dilators and are used for cervical stenosis or narrowness and are used regularly in an OB/GYN s office. Ultrasounds are not used as dilators!! Secondly the "squeezing inappropriately" is called a breast exam looking for nipple discharge. This discharge could represent a Prolactin issue or even worse a pituitary micro-adenoma. I call that a thorough exam!! People talk about how many eggs are retrieved I want to know how many embryos were developed. Who cares how many eggs there were? How many embryos did you have for transfer? That is my question that was never addressed in the bashing. I am not even addressing the office furniture......petty. The "vaginal cleaners" are for vaginal douching. Kind of embarrassing to ask for 12 at the pharmacy so I was thankful they had them there! Lastly if you do have a "genetic disease" sometimes donor eggs are an option. At least he gave you that option. I am thankful for Dr. Spirtos and his wonderful staff. At no time did I feel abused physically or emotionally. One thing for sure is a female employee was present at all times during my exams. P.S. I'm sure even with your negativity the whole staff including Dr Spirtos would be thrilled for you and your wife. Oh and there is a new thing out its called spell check!!

I recommend!

Posted on July 8th, 2014

Dr spirtos doesn't sugarcoat anything. He is very blunt and to the point, which is very important in this field. He spends time with me to make sure I understand what is going on and is very confident. I would recommend this doc to anyone struggling with fertility, but don't expect to be coddled. His confidence and straightforward manner gave me the confidence to think positive :-)

Awesome

Posted on June 20th, 2013

I don't understand some of the negative reviews. He not only diagnosed my fertility issue, but also found that I was hypothyroid. He is the most thorough Dr I have ever met. And of course you will have a pelvic exam - you are here for FERTILITY - duh! He is very direct and honest. If you are overweight, he will tell you to lose it - it IS a fertility factor. There are no surprises. He will tell you the good AND the bad. Be prepared to handle the truth and then you can take steps to correct your issues. And the staff - WOW! They are fantastic! Also, Dr Spirtos works 7 days a week - how many other Dr's do you know that are THAT dedicated to patient care!

Wonderful

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

He is straight forward, however he and his entire staff become like family, they want you to reach your goal. My husband and I struggled for 6 years, 3 on Clomid, before we were sent in his direction, 1 year later HE called personally to congratulate me because I was going to be a Mom. I have seen some terrible doctors in my sturggles, He is great! He chooses his words carefully and does not say anything he does not mean, he has been doing this for a long time with a great success rate, I would and have recomended him to anyone struggling. The office is also only closed 2 days a year, you are encouraged to call, and ask questions.

CREEPY

Posted on May 4th, 2011

During the initial consultation with him, he stared at my breasts. I wanted to run out of there after that but I didn't. I should have listened to my instincts. He then gave me a pelvic exam, which my primary care doctor later told me was highly unusual for a fertility specialist to do. I can't even go into all the details of what happened during this exam because it is too embarrassing. At another appointment, he performed an Hsg, and he ran out of dye! He had to leave the room to get more, leaving me there alone and extremely uncomfortable. I did not ever go back. I have never written a review like this before. I just hope it will prevent other women from being victimized.

Posted on September 11th, 2010

Dr. Spirtos and his staff are fantastic! He took every step in finding out what our infertility issues were, used the latest equipment to minimize any pain in any procedure, made us comfortable and actually spent time with us and cared!! If you are looking for a doctor to sugarcoat everything and tiptoe around the issues then this is not a good fit. We loved the fact that he was straightforward and to the point yet caring and always trying to help you make the best decision. The staff is so welcoming, caring and professional- never dealt with a support staff as good as they are- something that makes life easier for those going through the difficult process of infertility. After a year with Spirtos we are excitedly expecting our first child! Thank you to all of you!

Extremely Knowledgeable

Posted on August 24th, 2010

After several years of infertility treatment with other doctors, I was successful with Dr. Spirtos. He left no stone uncovered. Although it took several months of adjusting my protocols, I finally achieved pregnancy. Dr Spirtos may not have the best bedside manner, but he always tells the truth. He doesn't sugar coat it. He doesn't give false hope. He is the BEST physician in this field. He was always there for me. He works 7 days a week! The office staff are wonderful too!

Terrible bedside manner

Posted on August 18th, 2010

Dr. Spirtos is a good clinician. He has the skills to diagnose and treat infertility. But if you want someone who is compassionate or who takes the time to explain why he is doing things, he is not for you. His response to my fetus having no heartbeat was "Well, no heartbeat. Get dressed and I will talk to you in my office about your D+C." Go to reproductive gynecology PLEASE. Thank you to Dr. Nash for my son.

Posted on August 25th, 2009

I would recommend Dr. Spirtos to anyone who is having trouble getting pregnant. He was very helpful to us and helped us to get pregnant and deliver twin girls. He was very informative, answered all questions we asked and very professional. He and his staff were very friendly and welcoming. My husband and I were 100% satisfied with his services.

Posted on July 9th, 2009

This doctor just was not the right fit for us. He was curt and demeaning, not appreciating questions. He expected us to do whatever was his recommendation without exception. I found working with him to be such a stressful experience that it hindered our ability to conceive. After a roller-coaster year and a half under his "care" (minus the actual care and bedside manner), we switched to RGI right across the street and were immediately validated for our concerns and frustrations. Within a month of treatment, we are expecting our first baby. My greatest advice is to not stay with a doctor just because he is supposedly the best in the area; he may not be the best fit for you as a patient. Know that there are other options out there. This made all the difference for me and my husband.