Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Manassas, VA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Tavani is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Novant Health Uva Health System Prince William Medical Cntr. Dr. Tavani has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Tavani is the best family doctor I have had. His timely advice and a random test he insisted I take, probably saved my life.
I like that Dr. Tavani is no nonsense and listens to me and picks up on little things that I say. He also has a sense of humor, like when he offered my teenage sons Little Mermaid band-aids when they complained about their flu shot hurting. His office staff is VERY VERY good and does a great job scheduling appointments and sending in referrals. We switched to Dr. Tavani from another family doctor and he's head and shoulders above anyone else we have used.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tavani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMiok Hyoun Dc, 9625 Surveyor Ct Ste 100, Manassas, VA
Dr. Nicholas J Tavani Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manassas, VA.