Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nicholas A Tritos has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nicholas A Tritos has the following 17 expertise
- Pituitary Dwarfism
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Syndrome
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Pituitary Gland Tumor (Prolactinoma)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Nicholas A Tritos is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
The staff were very kind and helpful, but I felt Dr. Tritos was condescending and seemed put out that I had a number of symptoms I wanted to discuss. He was a poor listener (which was evident by the fact that I presented to him very classic signs of central diabetes insipidus, something he specializes in, and he shrugged and brushed it off - it was later easily diagnosed by a nephrologist). I don't recommend Dr. Tritos at all.
Went to see him b/c i have a pituitary tumor. Ignored fact that i was having CRAZY sx due to this tumor - has me f/u in 1 yr!!! Paid ZERO attention to the endicrine issues i was having a flat out refused to aknowlwdge research that adressed the problems i have. Needs to be made aware of current advances in this field.
29 Years Experience
University Of Athens
Graduated in 1989
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Nicholas A Tritos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNeuroendocrine And Pituitary Clinical Center, 0 Emerson Pl Ste 112, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nicholas A Tritos in this video.
Dr. Nicholas A Tritos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.