Dr. Nicholas C Yaru Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Nicholas C Yaru?

J. Mireles

My left knee had been bothering me for sometime. Dr. decided a shot in the knee would do the trick for a time being, and it did. Thank you

I received a hip replcement from Dr. Yaru in 2013. It became completely pain free after a healing period, and works perfectly. I do yoga, surf, and skate regularly, and the hip works as well as my natural hip did prior to my injury and osteoporosis. He was very gracious and accepted my underperforming insurance. He is the living example of a physician's oath of service.

HORRIBLE DOCTOR DO NOT GO TO DR. YARU!!

First, my initial apt was rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice, with assistant stating that Dr. Yaru needed 3 weeks to go over my medical records--3 WEEKS to read through what would take perhaps a half hour tops (no apology offered by them). During initial apt, staff had not obtained Adjustor's (worker's comp) approval and asked me to call Insurance Company when they should have done so already. Dr. Yaru obviously had not read my records or familiarized himself with my case (fractured hand) and offered only that my pain "might be due to arthritis" which was not at all plausible given onset of symptoms were ONLY AFTER MY ACCIDENT. Dr. Yaru during both office visits seemed completely disconnected, dismissive and like he truly just does not care or is apathetic in his practice. He put little to no thought into my diagnosis (writing a report that it was Carpal Tunnel which turned out not to be true, as shown by a Nerve Conduction Study) and offered me no feedback re: symptoms and what I should/should not do to recover. During 2nd visit, he perhaps spent 5 minutes in the room with me, and did not review Nerve Conduction Study except to say that it was inconclusive. Other professionals I have seen since offered tons of feedback re: Diagnosis, Prognosis, Treatment needed, symptoms, daily activity do's and don't's etc and gave REAL HELP. Dr. Yaru gave one piece of help--he ordered more Physical Therapy, however he made a huge MISTAKE in so narrowly tailoring his order for PT (for only pinky finger and not the entire hand which is what I fractured, nor for the wrist which was also involved in the accident). Again he was grossly incompetent in that he did not bother to learn about my injuries. I am an educated person and this doctors' communication skills are incredibly poor. You can tell that he simply is either burnt out in his profession or no longer has passion to help his patients. Please go to another doctor!

World class surgeon , brilliant work , Had an amazing outcome

I have had 5 surgeries with Dr. Yaru and trust him and his staff completely!

Mr

Had knee surgerysurgery 10 years ago., worst than before, my knee cracks more than before surgery Doctor explained very little, went back for a follow up visit after surgery, waited 1 1/2 hrs for the receptionist to ask me if I wanted to re schedule Never went back Cold, always in a hurry, leaves you with questions,lack of interest. Would not recomend at all

Bad Diagnosis

After 4 months of pain, I was diagnosed with piriformis syndrome by my primary doctor and spent 5 marginally beneficial weeks in PT. My doc then gave me a referral to Dr. Yaru. After a VERY cursory exam, Dr. Yaru said that there’s no such thing as piriformis syndrome, that I had referred pain from spinal stenosis and he set about to prove it via x-rays and an MRI. Afterward, he recommended spinal injections of anti-inflammatory medication. I didn’t want needles in my spine, so I got a referral for a second opinion. While waiting two weeks to get an appt with 2nd doctor, all symptoms vanished, probably because of abstinence from competitive athletics. Both my primary doc and the 2nd doctor, who says he treats piriformis syndrome regularly and that it’s common in athletes, said that the MRI showed NO relationship to my buttock/leg/sciatic nerve pain. I think Dr. Yaru made too quick a determination that I should have injections, and then set out to prove his thesis. I could have lived with his lousy “bedside manner” but this, to me, is BAD medicine.

Great Doctor

I was referred to Dr Yaru via my primary. With re-accuring swelling to both knees, Dr Yaru provided a systematic diagnosis via x-rays, MRI's and fluid draining. He explained the possibility of knee replacements, but say that's our last option. The outcome of scoping both knees and rehab, has me confident of a healthy recovery. I don't know of any doctor's that can do what he does with such confidence. He knows his stuff! A God send!

Barely Spoke a Word to Me

Went in to neck pain that I have had for 5 years, told me to take advil and started to walk out the door! If advil had worked, would I really be there? Gave me some celebrex that helped, but overall I didn't feel like he cared much or put much thought into helping me out.

never again will I see him

I waited > 1 hr to see him. When I commented on that, he asked me how much my time is worth. Then he fired me as a patient. Good riddence.

Patient

Nic replaced my ACL in '94, just had him do some cartilage work in 2011. Fantastic results both times. I do a lot of hiking with heavy packs, climbing and mountain biking, and I've tested Nic's work very thoroughly. Nic Yaru knows knees and how to get top performance out of them. Completely positive experiences.

HORRIBLE Doctor aAbnd Staff!!!!! Be warned!!!!

This doctor is TERRIBLE...When I went into the office the receptionists were nice to me. As for another person that came in they were so rude..A gentleman went outside to make a call and when he was gone one of the receptionists snickered and complained to the other receptionist about him "do you see what I have to deal with right now"..Very unprofessional!!! I get in to see this so called Dr. and he burps without apology and continues to ask me the same question again and again. He actually asked me what that snapping sound was...Are you kidding me!!!?? I'm not the doctor that's why I went to him!! He didn't say anything about xrays, Mri or anything that might help diagnose my problem, instead he moved my arm around and poked at my elbow...That's it!!! He shoved me out the door with a anti inflammatory medication (which I told him I'm allergic to Sulfa drugs and this medication says it shouldn't be taken by people who have allergic reactions to sulfa!!!!). Then told me to call in 10 days and if it hasn't cleared the problem we'll have to see about doing something else...Thanks a lot buddy!! I feel like they stole my money and time!!! I usually don't comment on things (ie..yelp ect...) unless I have a great experience but this was so terrible that I feel its my duty to warn others!!PLEASE before going here do some more research!! This man obviously lacks passion or compassion!!!

Dr. Nicholas C Yaru is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.