Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nickolai Y Talanin has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Nickolai Y Talanin has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. Nickolai Y Talanin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
As a registered nurse and a woman married to a surgeon, I was floored at the HORRIBLE experience Dr. Talanin offered me. Forget long wait times or crowded waiting rooms because they wouldn't bother me if I were seeing a decent physician. But Dr. Talanin was rude, inconsiderate, and belittling. At one point as i'm crying about losing my hair at 32, he interrupted and demanded that I stop talking! Mind you this was somewhere in the mere 45 seconds he actually spent with me! The only positive thing I can say is thank god his medical assistant was was a kind young woman. After Dr. Talanin left, she stayed behind to offer a hug as well as some words of encouragement..... A small level of recovery considering I left his office feeling like a nuisance, not a patient. My advice to you is see someone else, anyone else, anywhere else! This physician is in a privately run and privately funded office for a reason, and by no means does he offer a decent service.
The wait time is always long, and by long, I mean never on time and expect to wait over thirty minutes. Dr. Talanin has a fine and courteous nature and bedside manner and seems to genuinely care. It is the wait, the unprofessionally kept rooms, no hand washing in the rooms nor before being touched - just terrible, and the not so polite staff overall that makes it difficult to want to remain a patient there. If it were not for Dr. Talanin's nature, I would leave the practice.
Dr. Talanin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Nickolai Y Talanin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Associates Of Northern Va, 13880 Braddock Rd Ste 301, Centreville, VA
Dr. Nickolai Y Talanin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Centreville, VA.