Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nicola M Spirtos
Dr. Nicola M Spirtos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Spirtos is affiliated with Valley Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Spirtos has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Nicola M Spirtos has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
You can get an appointment the same day, Dr. Spirtos is considered one of the best doctor in town based on his years of experienced. I like his honesty and his way to approach the diagnosis and treatment options. They work with you if you have no ins. His office went outside the box to help me out. Very happy with my care and the office.
I credit Dr. Nick Spiritos with saving my life. He accepted me as a patient within 24 hours after I was diagnosed with uterine cancer, and removed the tumor the next day. He was upbeat, caring,compassionate, knowledgeable. Without him I would not be around today. He always answered my questions and conferenced at length with my extended family. I know he treated others equally as the welfare of his patients was of primary importance to him. I feel I was blessed to have him as my oncologist in this very trying time.
i had suffered abdominal pain for weeks, i went to my family doctor and he could not see what was wrong with me. one day i woke up with very bad back and abdominal pain, it looked like i was 9 months pregnant my parents took me to the er @ umc hospital they ran all kind of test on me and doctors saw a tumor that was 20 cm they called Dr Spirtos and he did my surgery to remove the tumor i did not have insurance at the time i called his office to schedule for a check up after surgery. i love Dr Spirtos he takes patients without insurance, i would not be alive right now if it wasn't for him. So sorry for the people that had to wait to see him because i was one of the patients that he had to leave his office for and do emergency surgery on.
I feel he is a good Dr, but his office is not managed very well. Had to wait 4 hours to the him, this is NOT acceptable.
Dr. Spirtos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Nicola M Spirtos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Cancer Center, 3131 La Canada St Ste 241, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Nicola M Spirtos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.